Event Permit

Event Permits & Licenses

Residents or local groups planning an event taking place on City property (Parks, Streets, Sidewalks, etc) are required to submit a Event Permit Application that needs to be completed and returned to the Clerks' office at least 45 days prior to the event date. Annual events will require a permit each year. 

If any event in the City will include outdoor music, an Special Amusement Permit is required. For any event hosting food vendors, all food vendors must hold a valid City food license.  If a vendor does not hold a City food license, a Temporary Food Vendor License may be requested and issued for the event. Per Sec. 23-4 of the City's Code of Ordinances, no alcohol may be consumed in any park or other recreational property owned by the City. 

Depending upon the nature and/or number of attendees, Police and/or EMS/Fire presence may be required at the expense of the event organizer.  Event applications are reviewed by Clerks Office, Code Enforcement, Community Services, Fire, Police, and the Public Services department.  Any event requiring a street closure is required to go before City Council for approval.  

The event permit committee, which consists of all the departments listed above, will meet with meet with the event organizer to discuss requirements. No person may conduct an event on City Property until an Event Permit has been issued by the City. 

Event organizers shall be solely responsible for any damage to City property resulting from their event and, as a condition of their permit, agree that the City may take whatever action is necessary to recover all costs associated with repairing the damage and returning the property to its condition prior to the event.